As the steering and suspension problem solvers, MOOG continuously innovates control arms through durability and ease of installation to meet the demands of today’s vehicles.
MOOG ENGINEERING AT THE HEART OF EVERY PART
MOOG® Premium Control Arms
- CARBON FIBER BEARINGS—Induction-hardened studs for added strength, combined with a patent-pending carbon fiber-reinforced bearing, reduces socket friction compared to typical non-reinforced bearings for longer socket life.
- HARDENDED TO MAXIMIZE STRENGTH—Studs are induction hardened to maximize strength, resist breakage and improve fatigue life.
- GREASABLE SOCKET—Makes maintenance easy and reduces corrosion and wear by allowing new lubricant to flush contaminants.
- KEEPS DIRT AND WATER OUT—Pre-installed dust boot seal provides an effective barrier against wear-causing contaminants.
- ADDED CORROSION PROTECTION—Specially-engineered coatings are applied to metal surfaces to inhibit premature deterioration caused by rain, snow, salt and road grime.
- PREMIUM BUSHINGS—Pre-installed with optimized stiffness to inhibit noise for a comfortable ride.
- QUALITY ASSURANCE—Laser-etched ID provides visible assurance of genuine MOOG quality.
MOOG® High Utilization Control Arms
- PROBLEM SOLVER® GUSHER BEARING—Metal-to-metal design provides strength and allows grease to flow through bearing surface for reduced friction and long life.
- GREASABLE SOCKET—Reduces corrosion and wear by allowing new lubricant to flush contaminants.
- KEEPS DIRT AND WATER OUT—Pre-installed dust boot shield socket components from wear-causing contaminants.
- ABSORBS IMPACT—Belleville preload washer helps keep the bearing package tight as bearings wear.
- QUIET OPERATION—Premium pre-installed bushings with optimized stiffness inhibit noise for a more comfortable ride.
- RIGOROUS TESTING—Tested to handle loads exceeding those required by the manufacturer
MOOG PREMIUM CONTROL ARM ENHANCEMENTS SHOW TRADITION OF INNOVATION
Enhanced Structural Strength
Carbon Fiber-Enhanced Bearings with PTFE
Induction-hardened studs for added strength, combined with a patent-pending carbon fiber-reinforced bearing, reduces socket friction compared to typical non-reinforced bearings for longer socket life.
MOOG studs are induction-hardened to maximize strength, resists breakage and improve fatigue life. That helps ensure durability, even under the toughest conditions.
The material and heat treatment of our control arms are carefully selected to meet the application requirements.
Increased Contaminant Resistance
Reinforced Dust Boot Seal
Pre-installed dust boot seal provides an effective barrier against wear-causing contaminants.
Makes maintenance easy and reduce corrosion and wear by allowing new lubricant to flush contaminants.
MOOG HIGH UTILIZATION DESIGNS
For Heavier Loads and More Punishing Roads
For our customers who drive their vehicle harder, longer or in challenging conditions, our High Utilization designs give them the extra strength, durability and confidence they need. Whether it’s commercial van that piles on the miles, a trusted ranch pickup that goes off the beaten path or a first responder pushing their vehicle to the limit, MOOG High Utilization control arm designs are ready to respond.
- Extra Strength
High Utilization designs are made for optimal resistance to damage and breakage, even when subjected to severe impacts.
- Extra Mileage
Enhanced materials and innovative design features – like MOOG’s metal-to-metal gusher bearing and impact-absorbing, preload spring – help prevent the damage caused by extreme usage, impacts and load conditions.
- Extra-Quiet Operation
Stiffness-optimized bushings, made with premium natural rubber, prevent noise and ensure a more comfortable ride.
- Extra Protection
A pre-installed dust boot shields socket components from wear-causing contaminants.